Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pledge to Read

In my random blog browsing I came accross this button that I have now added to my own blog. I wholeheartedly support this sentiment and would encourage others to do the same. I abvolutely LOVE to read!
Mostly I'm a fiction girl, but ocassionaly there is a non-fiction book that is good enough to keep my attention and also of course there are magazines & newspapers for keeping current. I used to work at a library and my favorite task would be processing new books into the collection in part because I love the smell of new books. On my first date with the BF he actually schockingly (to me at the time b/c I wouldn't expect any guy to and also to anyone who knows him)agreed to accompany me to a book signing. I love receiving and giving books as gifts, especially to babies/kids. Also, I love chatting with fellow book lovers about stuff we each have read getting and giving recommendations. So on that note I will recommend a book in case anyone ever reads this blog.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is a short, and I think highly relatable story. I think anyone from say middle school onward can appreciate the simplicity of this inspirational tale.
Since reading The Alchemist I have read several other works by this author and while I have enjoyed all, I do believe this is his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment